Rights at work
Where can I get information about my rights at work, eg being made to use annual/personal leave, being stood down, or being ordered to work from home?
Long service leave
Who can I talk to about accessing my long service leave, or being made to take it?
- Private sector workers: if you are covered by the Long Service Leave Act 1976 (you can check this with Fair Work; see details above) then the WorkSafe Tasmania Helpline can provide advice. Complete WorkSafe Tasmania’s general enquiry form. Make sure you provide a contact number as the Helpline may need to contact you to discuss. Or call the Helpline on 1300 366 322.
- Construction Industry workers: contact TasBuild online or call 6294 0807.
- State Service workers: discuss with your HR team, your union, or the WorkSafe Tasmania Helpline on 1300 366 322.
Who can tell me about accessing my superannuation under 'hardship' circumstances?
- Your superannuation fund or other source of financial advice
- The Australian Tax Office's superannuation information page
Where can I find the information about financial assistance that is available for workers who have been laid off or stood down?
- Australian Government Treasury Job Keeper payments
- Australian Government Treasury Job Keeper payment - FAQs
- Australian Government Treasury Job Keeper payment - information for employees
- Centrelink (Services Australia)
Who can help me with my workers compensation claim issues?
- WorkSafe Tasmania's workers compensation page
- WorkSafe Tasmania through its general enquiry form. Make sure you provide a contact number as the Helpline may need to contact you to discuss. Or call the Helpline on 1300 366 322
- Worker Assist: 1300 027 747
- The Injury Management Co-ordinator at the insurance company managing your claim
- Your union
Work health and safety
Where can I find information about being COVID-19 safe at work, including information specific to my industry?
- WorkSafe Tasmania has COVID-19 industry specific resources