All employers need to provide safe workplaces under the Work Health and Safety Act 2012. This includes taking steps to protect workers and other people in your workplace or setting, from COVID-19.
The main steps to take are:
- Keep up to date with the risk of COVID-19 in the community
- Assess the COVID-19 risk in your workplace or setting
- Identify and put in place risk controls, to protect workers and slow the spread of illnesses. Adjust those controls over time, as the level of risk changes.
- Prepare for cases or outbreaks in your workplace or setting
- Respond quickly to outbreaks, to protect workers and minimise workplace disruption.
Public health best practice COVID-19 guidance for workplaces is available here: Best practice guidance for workplaces – resources
Additional resources are available at WorkSafe Tasmania