The COVID Care Package provides assistance to eligible vulnerable Tasmanians and/or their family members who are:
- Symptomatic and awaiting a COVID-19 test result
- Are a confirmed COVID-19 case
- Caring for someone who is a confirmed COVID-19 case; or
- In quarantine because they are a close contact
People who are experiencing hardship and meet the criteria may be eligible for assistance accessing groceries and essential items, including for babies and children, and for medicines and pharmaceuticals.
The Salvation Army and local community partners will assist with access and delivery of items for eligible recipients.
For more information and to check eligibility, call the Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738.
Questions about individual circumstances will be asked in order to check eligibility.
Questions will include
- symptomatic and awaiting a COVID-19 test result (less likely now RATS are widely available)
- a confirmed COVID-19 case
- caring for someone who is a confirmed COVID-19 case; or
- in quarantine because they are a close contact
You will also be asked the reasons for your request. These questions may include
- How many days have you been in isolation?
- Have you lost income from your job or business as a result of being in isolation ?
- Are you on paid sick leave, pandemic leave or carers leave ?
- Are you receiving Australian Government income support?
- This program is designed to assist vulnerable Tasmanians who do not have personal support or resources to access essential supplies.
Are you able to make an online grocery order yourself?
Is there a family member or friend who can collect and deliver groceries for you?
- Have you, or anyone else in your household, previously received a delivery of groceries and essential items under this program?