Due to COVID-19, many Tasmanians have lost income or business and may be struggling to feed themselves or their families.
There are organisations across Tasmania that are ready and willing to help you.
The Commonwealth and Tasmanian Governments are providing funding to organisations to help them provide food to Tasmanians who need it most.
What sort of food relief can I access?
The types of food relief vary between organisations, such as food hampers, ready to eat meals, community gardens and grocery vouchers.
Some services will deliver to your home, you can visit others and collect what you need.
Where do I find help?
- FindHelpTas provides a range of information and links to programs and services related to COVID-19. You can search for support services, including food relief, in your local area at www.findhelptas.org.au/.
- The Tasmanian Council of Social Services (TasCOSS) Emergency Relief Service Providers directory has a list of emergency relief services on its website.
- Contact emergency relief organisations directly to find out more about their services.
- Tasmanian Local Councils have a range of support measures and information to assist people in financial difficulty due to COVID-19. Visit your council’s website for information and contacts. You can find a link to all councils’ websites on the Local Government Association of Tasmania website.
- The Australian Government Department of Social Services - Service Directory provides information on the emergency food relief organisations it funds in Tasmania.
- You can also call the Tasmanian Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738 and a staff member will help direct you to the services you need.