You may be eligible for a $250 Vaccination Payment from the Tasmanian Government if you lose income or earnings:
- to get a COVID-19 vaccination, or
- because you experienced side effects from a COVID-19 vaccination within three days of being vaccinated.
You may also be eligible if you lost earnings or income due to a dependant receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
This payment is available to eligible people for vaccinations received on or after 3 December 2021.
A payment is available for all doses and boosters, if eligibility criteria are met.
The payment is for people whose side effects stop them from working, or who need to care for a dependant who has been impacted by side effects. Evidence of side effects can include a medical certificate for the period within three days after the vaccination.
You must meet all of the following criteria:
- be a Tasmanian resident
- have been vaccinated for COVID-19; or be required to care for a dependant who has been vaccinated for COVID-19
- have no access to or have exhausted paid sick leave or carer’s leave entitlements
- not be receiving Australian Government income support
- be able to demonstrate that you have been unable to attend work and have lost income due to you or your dependant receiving the vaccine. The payment is available to people who develop symptoms as a result of the vaccination within three days of vaccination.
Read more about the eligibility criteria.
You will be asked to provide the following to support your application:
- evidence you reside in Tasmania (eg driver’s licence, rental agreement, utility bills, or statutory declaration)
- evidence that you or the person you are caring for has received a vaccination
- evidence of lost income and that you have no access to or have exhausted paid sick leave or carer’s leave entitlements.
- a medical certificate.
Read more about evidence requirements.
To find out more, ring the Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738.