A new home quarantine trial for travellers returning from regional NSW launches on Friday 24 September, and will run for one month.
Under the trial, eligible Tasmanian residents returning as Essential Travellers under category 8 will be able to home quarantine for 14 days in a suitable premises.
Travellers must meet the following criteria:
- be an eligible Tasmanian resident or provide evidence of relocating to Tasmania; and
- have not spent time in an excluded area of NSW in the 14 days before arrival. This does not include direct transit through these LGAs; and
- have not visited any high-risk premises level 1 within 14 days prior to their arrival in Tasmania; and
- have evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID‑19; and
- have returned a negative COVID-19 test in the 72 hours before travelling; and
- be able to home quarantine in a suitable premises; and
- have no other people staying at those suitable premises, unless they are also travellers completing quarantine for the same period.
For more information about the trial and what is required, go to High-risk home quarantine trial.