Additional conditions for Essential Travellers may include the requirement to wear a mask whenever you are outside of your home or place of quarantine. This includes wearing a mask when you are at work, or completing official duties as per your Essential Traveller status.
You may remove your make when:
- you are undergoing medical care/treatment that is unable to be provided if you are wearing a face mask;
- you are travelling in a vehicle by yourself (or only with people who you live with);
- it is an emergency and it is not practicable for you to obtain or wear a face mask;
- wearing the face mask would create a risk to your health or safety;
- you have a lawful reason to remove the face mask or have been required to remove it;
- you have a medical certificate that certifies that you are not suited to wearing a face mask; or
- you have written approval from the Deputy State Controller not to wear a face mask.
- See more about conditions for Essential Travellers.