Evidence of residency
One or more of the following documents may be acceptable as evidence of Tasmanian residency. You may be requested to provide more than one of the below items, or further evidence not listed:
- Current Tasmanian driver licence; or
- Tasmanian Government Personal Information Card; or
- Person with Vision Impairment Travel Pass; or
- Australian Tax Office Assessment (2020/21); or
- Australian Government concession card (which includes an address); or
- Current Tasmanian vehicle registration papers; or
- Another current Tasmanian Government issued licence or identification type that includes a residential address; or
- Evidence of ONE or more of the following that must include the address of your Tasmanian residence and your full name, and is no more than six (6) months old:
- Utility account (power, water, telephone, gas)
- Council rates notice
- Lease or rental agreement
- Land Tax valuation notice
- Certificate of Title.
If you are relocating to Tasmania, you must provide:
- At least one of the following documents that must include a Tasmanian address and your full name, and is no more than six months old:
- Rates notice; or
- Settlement notice; or
- Lease agreement; or
- Rental agreement.
- At least one of the following documents containing employment details and your full name, and is no more than six months old:
- Notice of resignation form; or
- Notice from new/proposed employer in Tasmania; or
- Notice confirming ability to work from a remote location; or
- Employment contract in Tasmania.
- Providing any additional relevant information, like an invoice from a removalist company, will assist in the assessment of your application.
- Another form of evidence not listed but approved by the Deputy State Controller.
An authorised officer will review your evidence type during the assessment of your application and may request further evidence to support approval. An authorised officer will also review your evidence at the gateway to Tasmania.
Please note – a Statutory Declaration will not be accepted as evidence of residency.
Applying to the Deputy State Controller for recognition as a Tasmanian resident
If you have evidence that is not listed but that you believe proves your residency, you may apply to the Deputy State Controller as part of your G2G PASS submission for it to be recognised as suitable evidence.