All Non-Essential Travellers arriving in Tasmania will be required to enter quarantine for 14 days.
Tasmanian residents (not including King, Flinders and Furneaux Island group residents) must complete their 14 days of quarantine at their residence in Tasmania. Non-Tasmanian residents are required to complete their quarantine at Government provided accommodation.
Essential Travellers that meet strict criteria will be exempt from the 14 day quarantine requirement but must still comply with listed quarantine conditions directed by the Director of Public Health under Section 16 Public Health Act 1997.
If you are an Essential Traveller you must:
- Monitor yourself for symptoms of fever, cough, sore throat, muscular pains, shortness of breath and unexpected tiredness.
If symptoms develop:
- remove yourself from the workplace or public place and quarantine;
- contact a GP or the Public Health Hotline (1800 671 738) to get medical advice or arrange testing.
When you are away from your accommodation/room, apply physical distancing measures. You must only be within 1.5 metres of another person to:
- obtain life essential supplies or services that cannot be readily obtained online;
- be tested or assessed for infection by COVID-19, or seek medical advice; or
- carry out a compassionate purpose eg to visit a dying close relative in hospital or other care setting, if your Essential Traveller status is based on compassionate grounds.
Practice strict cough and sneeze hygiene, including covering mouth and nose, the use and disposal of disposable tissues, and washing hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water or a hand-sanitiser.
In addition, all Essential Healthcare workers or Essential Travellers that are coming into contact with vulnerable persons must:
- At a minimum – wear a surgical mask at all times when engaged in the provision of health services or health care to persons or in a health care or residential care setting, or when in close proximity to a vulnerable person; or
- Wear the personal protective equipment that is normally worn during such contact by health care or residential care workers for the service being delivered.
You may apply for an Essential Traveller status by completing an online form or emailing a completed form to email@example.com. Health care workers may apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.