To keep Tasmanians safe against the spread of COVID-19, aeroplanes and aircrafts that commence their flight outside of Tasmania are prohibited from landing on private airstrips in the state.
This includes Tasmanians returning home from interstate.
Aeroplanes and aircraft cannot land at any place within Tasmania other than at the following airports:
- Hobart International (Strachan Street, Cambridge)
- Launceston (201 Evandale Road, Western Junction, Launceston)
- Devonport (Airport Road, Devonport)
- Burnie (3 Airport Street, Wynyard)
- King Island (Morrison Avenue, Loorana)
- Flinders Island (122 Palana Road, Whitemark)