On this page
To help you prepare for your appointment please read the information below. If you are supporting or caring for someone please read our information for carer’s .
Before your appointment
Please read the information sheet relevant to the vaccine you receiving:
- AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccination – Information on COVID-19 AstraZeneca vaccine | Australian Government Department of Health
- Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination – Information on COVID-19 Pfizer (COMIRNATY) vaccine | Australian Government Department of Health
Before you receive your vaccine you will need to complete a consent form; you can download the consent form and bring it with you, or paper copies will be available at the clinic.
- your Medicare card (if you have one), and
- identification that shows your date of birth.
Please also bring the following, if applicable:
- Information about your medical conditions, particularly allergies or bleeding disorders
- Information about any medications you are taking
- Information about any previous COVID-19 vaccine received (vaccine brand and date of vaccination)
- If you are a healthcare, critical or high-risk worker, you may be required to provide evidence of your occupation to prove your eligibility. We suggest you bring your staff/employment card with you.
If you have had any other vaccination (e.g. the flu vaccine) you should wait at least 7 days before having a COVID-19 vaccination.
During your appointment
Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your appointment and allow up to 45 minutes for your appointment. You need to wait 15 minutes after your vaccination, or 30 minutes if you have a history of allergy or anaphylaxis.
Staff will help you book another appointment for your second dose.
To book your appointment
- Search for a clinic by location
- Follow the instructions to book your appointment. Please read the Step by Step guide on how to book an appointment if you need extra help.
- If you need help to make a booking, call the Tasmanian Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738.