On this page
You can book your appointment online to get a COVID-19 vaccination. To do this you must first register with the vaccination booking system.
You will be asked to provide personal information (your name, contact details, and Medicare number (if you have one). This information will be checked through a 2-step security process to make sure your identity is verified. You will receive a series of SMS or emails confirming when your identity is verified, and you are registered to use the system.
If you are booking your second dose or booster vaccine you may already have an online account. For instructions on how to access an existing online account, see "Already Registered" below.
If you are a parent/guardian booking a child into a 5-11 years clinic, you will need to register the child for their own account. You cannot use your account, but you can use the same email address or phone number for a child's account.
Before you register
If you have a Medicare card, have this ready. You will be asked to enter the number on the card. This the 10 numbers at the top plus your position number on the card, so 11 digits in total.
What to do if you don’t have a Medicare card?
Not having a Medicare card doesn't stop you getting vaccinated. You may have lost your card, or you might be living in Australia on a temporary visa. You can still get vaccinated.
Entering your name
The name that you use to register for a vaccination should match the name on your Medicare card or temporary visa.
Start your registration
- Enter your personal information in the registration form. Mandatory information is needed for boxes with a red triangle in the top left corner.
- Choose which method you want to use to authenticate your registration. You can do this by either email or text message (SMS).
Note: Your full mobile number can be entered if you select Text Message (SMS).
- Enter your Medicare Number. Not having a Medicare number will not stop you registering, however if you do have this number available, enter the 10 digits at the top of the card plus the number next to your name (11 digits in total).
- When all the mandatory fields are completed. Click on the Register button at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive a six-digit verification code either by SMS or email, depending on your preferred contact method. This code is used to confirm that you are who you say you are. Enter the code into area on the screen. Click Verify.
- You will receive an SMS or Email that confirms your registration. This message will include a second code. This is a registration code – it is very important as it is unique to you. Please keep this code safe as you will need to use it to log in to the system in the future.
You will then be taken to your personal Home page where you can book, reschedule and cancel appointments. Your registration code is shown, highlighted below.
If you have already had a dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at a state-run vaccination clinic you may already have an account.
- If so, you should select the “Already Registered” yellow button in the top right-hand corner of the registration page.
- On the “Already Registered?” page, complete your personal information (name and Date of Birth) and choose a contact method (email or text message) to receive a secure link to access your account.
- Click “Send Secure Link” to get the link sent as an email or text message.
- Click on the link sent to your email or phone.
- This will open a new internet browser asking you for a 6-digit verification code. You will now receive this verification code in a separate email of text. Enter the code and click “verify”.
- This will bring you to your account page. See next section for how to book an appointment.
How to book an appointment
Once you have registered you can book an appointment.
- From your personal Home page click on schedule.
- In the Location search box type the Clinic location you want to attend and click the search icon.
Clinic locations can be found at Vaccine Clinic Finder (healthdirect.gov.au).
- Choose a date for your appointment. Available dates for your clinic location will appear in bold. Available times will display below the calendar. Select an appointment time for your booking.
Finalise your booking by scrolling to the bottom of the page and click on the ‘Make Appointment’ button.
- Your appointment details will display on the screen. Confirm these are correct by clicking on ‘Confirm Appointment’ button.
- You will receive an SMS or Email that confirms your appointment. This message will include the appointment date, time and the location.
From your Personal Home Screen, you can check the date and time of the appointment. You can also reschedule or cancel the appointment by simply clicking on the appointment.